Thursday, March 5, 2015

HEALTHWATCH: CHEVY CHASE

Chevy Chase’s health is being questioned by fans after the legendary comedian and movie star made an appearance at the SNL 40 event, which celebrated Saturday Night Live‘s 40th anniversary.

According to the Associated Press, fans first began to question Chevy Chase’s health during his appearance on the red carpet before the event. Chase, who was a part of the original Saturday Night Live cast, stopped to do a quick interview with Carson Daly when viewers immediately took notice of his very much altered voice.

Chevy’s voice was once one of the most recognizable in Hollywood, and yet on Sunday night at the live event in New York City to commemorate SNL‘s long history, he sounded nothing like his former self, but that wasn’t all. The report claims that Chase also rambled on during the red carpet interview and made little sense when he was asked about his time on the show:

“I left after the first year because I thought this isn’t going anywhere… I liked [hosting]. I liked it. But I missed it more for not being a part of the cast because I left after one year, I had reasons to leave. I’m sorry if I’m perspiring, but I just had to run through a gauntlet. But I liked it a lot, and I still like it. I love Lorne. We’re like brothers now.”

The Internet Business Times reports that Twitter began to blow up with tweets about Chevy Chase’s possible health problems after his red carpet appearance and then again when he was front and center during the show’s life anniversary special. Most fans seemed worried for Chase’s health and well being.

The 71-year-old Hollywood legend appeared nervous and confused when interviewed by SNL host Carson Daly. While answering questions, Chevy wiped sweat from his brow as he apologised for sweating.

Chase was previously regarded as one of Hollywood’s finest comic talents, commanding a fee of €8 million per film in the 1980s.

There have been former rumors that Chase’s health has been failing, but after Sunday’s SNL 40 special, it seems more and more fans may believe the stories...


No comments:

Post a Comment