Tuesday, November 8, 2011

HEALTHWATCH: ANDY WILLIAMS

Andy Williams had a a sad announcement to make at his Moon River Theater in Missouri on Saturday.

"I do have cancer of the bladder," the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" singer said, according to the Branson Tri-Lakes News. "But that is no longer a death sentence. People with cancer are getting through this thing. They're kicking it, and they're winning more and more every year. And I'm going to be one of them."

Williams' announcement was met with a round of cheers and applause, and the singer thanked the audience for their support during his "time of need."

"I really had missed this an awful lot," said the singer, who will not perform at his theater during the holiday season.

Williams promised the crowd that he will recover quickly, as he plans to return to the stage in 2012, which marks his 75th year in the entertainment industry.

"I'll be coming back here next year, in September and October," he said. "I'm going to do the shows I've planned to do."

Williams has been married to Debbie Meyer since 1991. He has three children with his first wife, Claudine Longet; they divorced in 1975...

SOURCE

2 comments:

  1. My best wishes go out to Andy Williams. He is right about this not being a death sentence. I've been living without a bladder for the past 10 years. Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in 2007, I had flown back to Branson to see his Christmas Concert. It was truly a magical experience that I will always remember. Had a delightful weekend, after the concert had gone across the street to have dinner at Andy's restaurant "Andy Williams Moon River Grill". Being 20 at the time and quite the star struck fan asked "I will pay extra to sit near Andy's Table" as I had heard that Andy frequently went their for Dinner after his shows. He didn't show-up that night, but they sat me and my companion at Andy's table that he always sits at. An older couple next to us said "If Andy comes can we join you?". Andy Williams was simply magical he didn't sing very many #s in the show most of it was local talent which was brilliant as well. But to hear Andy Williams sing The Most Wonderful Time of The Year in person as well as his signature song Moon River at the end of the show was a true treat I will always remember.

    ReplyDelete